Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Scenes while out riding my bike

So it is almost 11:30pm on Friday evening, that means I am attempting to post a blog entry in the late evening before turning in for the night. I was thinking about the Titantic that sank just a day over one hundred years ago. There was a show on the National Geographic channel tonight about how the ship really sank. Boats and Bikes, two types of machines that allow people to travel great distances, and they are both very complex, with lots of small parts that work together. God is always the better designer and architect than man. The titantic was an example compared to the common duck. Ducks, which were created by God don't sink if they are still alive, here is photo of some swimming in a pond off of a greenway in Cary:


Springtime has been here for a few weeks and I enjoyed getting outside to ride a few days this past week. There are a lot more flowers and trees that are blooming around the parks and trails in this area. Here is a white flowering tree and below that some pink bushes near a short lake trail that I rode my bike along. The trees are just starting to grow green leaves in this photo.



I've had some nice rides on the bike the past month, since this winter was warmer than normal. I try to mix up the more technical, advanced off road mountain bike trails with easier greenways and flat dirt paths. I haven't gone to far away on those rides, because of my work schedule and the logistics involved with setting up the bike rack on my car. There is a better way to hook up the straps so that they don't become as lose in holding the bike to the car as before. On a few of these rides a recent rainfall made the ground very muddy in places and I had to hose off my bike. I even took a fall on my bike for the first time on a tough downhill section. This is the best time of year to enjoy a nice bike ride or hike in the early afternoon or evening. Below are some photos taken while on spring mountain bike rides:

Riding on a bridge over a fast moving creek near the Lochmere golf course.

Taking a break on the Kildaire Farm greenway trail (field near the Cary parkway tunnel).

Lowland swamp area along side the greenway trail at Koka Booth Amp.

A+ sign off of Maynard Rd. near my apartment.

Sign on a greenway trail near Middle Creek Park.

View of a golf green at the Lochmere club off of Kildaire Farm Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment